Thursday, March 27, 2014

William Sonoma Recipe: Perfect for Spring - Zucchini Pasta with Butternut Squash

William Sonoma Recipe! Zucchini Pasta with Butternut Squash drizzled with Lemon-Thyme dressing and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
I recently got the latest William Sonoma catalog in my mailbox and was randomly perusing it. I usually browse through it for decorating inspiration, table-setting ideas and the latest kitchen gadgets that could potentially make my life easier (not that I would ever need a pizza maker or electric wok in my house, however I do own a special spiralizer that turns zucchini into fabulous noodles)!

Anyway, I decided to prepare the Zucchini Pasta with Butternut Squash recipe from the recent WS Spring 2014 Catalog. It turned to be filling, nourishing and low-carb (hurray)! Here is the featured recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
Olive Oil: 2 Tbsp
Butternut Squash: 1 small peeled, de-seeded and cubed into 1/2 inch dice
Kosher Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Garlic: 1 clove minced
Red Pepper Flakes: 1 pinch
Zucchini: 2, trimmed and put through a spiralizer
Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese: 1/3 cup shaved or grated
Lemon-thyme drizzling oil (I couldn't find this so I made my own drizzling oil by adding zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and a pinch of dried thyme leaves to 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

DIRECTIONS:
In a saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the butternut squash and cook stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and quickly toss with the squash.

Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Season again with salt and black pepper.

Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese. Transfer to individual bowls. garnish with shaved cheese and drizzle with lemon-thyme oil. Serve immediately.

SERVES 4.

PS: I bought my spiralizer from Amazon. The link is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1395972190&sr=1-2&keywords=spiralizer

FINAL WORDS: my review is that this recipe was easy to make and very light and delicious, yet filling in some way (perhaps all the fiber)! I would definitely recommend it to everyone and would certainly make it again! Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment