Saturday, February 15, 2014

More CHANEL Haul - from their latest Spring Summer 2014 Pre-collection

Hi everyone! I'm super excited to show you all my latest Chanel handbag/ shopping tote. It is very different from the GST (Grande Shopping Tote) - much larger with studs/ feet on the bottom and two pockets on the side for holding random items that need to be easily accessible such as a bottle of water/ cell phone etc.

Chanel SS 2014
It has the signature Chanel chain strap similar to the ones in their classic flap design

Chanel bag 2014
The chain strap is adjustable like in the classic flap and allows the bag to be worn on the shoulder

Chanel
Gorgeous calfskin leather is durable and smaller straps allow bag to be carried in the nook of the arm

Chanel
Open slots on both sides for easy access to items
This bag is not only beautiful but also practical. It is roomy enough to hold even a 15" laptop on the inside. I got mine in black calfskin with silver hardware. The inside is a light colored canvas with a large zippered pocket on one side and two smaller slots on the other for cell-phones etc. It also has the standard leather strap with hook for attaching a mini-pouchette or keys.

I will probably be posting a video reviewing this bag, but in the meantime if you are interested in finding out more information about this item, feel free to send me a note.

Oh, before I forget, for those of you interested, the sales woman at the Chanel boutique informed me that my bag is called the Chanel CC Pocket SS 2014 Act 1.

Ciao!

11 comments:

  1. Resh, may i know if chanel is still selling this bag?whats the retail price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a seasonal bag from Chanel's Spring-Summer 2014 Pre-collection. The black bag is currently sold out at Chanel, but they might have it in white or navy blue. It was priced at US$ 3,700.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. Hi Resh,
    Congratulations on your lovely Chanel tote! May I know the style number? Also does it have a top zipper closure? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The style number is 14P A94032Y25893. It does not have a top zipper closure, but does have a large zippered pocket on the inside.

      Delete
  3. Only calfskin is available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually more of a smooth caviar finish (pebbled calfskin). I've carried my bag at airports and malls, with two little kids in tow and it's held up fabulously well - no scratches or damage what-so-ever. I believe it is only available in this one material.

      Delete
  4. May I ask where you bought this bag? Is it genuine? I can't find any others the same on the internet when I type in the name or style number...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I purchased this bag from the Chanel boutique last year so it is 100% genuine. It was from Chanel's Spring Summer Pre Collection 2014 Act 1. I believe it was made in black, white and navy blue. It is limited edition and I know that the black bag sold out very quickly. Do call Chanel to locate this bag, or you could try Neiman's or Saks. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    Love your blog...wanted to find out if you still love this Chanel bag? Is straps long enough for a crossbody style? Is it durable leather?
    THank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose,

      Thank you for your kind comment.

      I do still own this particular Chanel bag and absolutely love it! It is my most used and abused bag. I own the classic flaps (medium and jumbo sizes) as well as the boy bag and GST, but this is my go to bag, sort of like the Louis Vuitton Neverfull is for most people. The leather is super durable and despite using the bag a few times a week since I purchased it, including taking it to the mall etc, it has held up very well. My kids had spilled yogurt on it once and I took a wet paper towel and wiped it all off. Not a scratch or stain yet (fingers crossed!).

      The straps are long enough to use as a cross body bag (and I have worn it that way when I'm at the airport for instance and need to be hands-free), however the bag is quite large and unless you're quite tall, I'm not sure it is the most flattering.

      I would certainly highly recommend it. It makes even the most casual outfits look suddenly chic and cool.

      Delete