Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How to Pack a Carry-On Suitcase - for a Long Haul Flight with Kids!

Kiddies on-board British Airways. Eating home made pasta salad with fruits and juice provided by airline.
My babies are now three and five. I have been traveling with them (solo) since they were as little as 4 months old. Though they can be little monsters at home sometimes, touch wood, they are absolute angels on the flight. My airline of choice is British Airways as they even have a Premium Economy class where the seats are wider and leg room is ample. Some of our journeys have lasted us over 26 hours door-to-door. If I've survived, I'm here to tell you, so can you! Here's how...

It doesn't matter how many checked-in suitcases I have, but on board I only carry 2 things -
1. SAMSONITE ROLLING LUGGAGE
2. LOUIS VUITTON NEVERFULL GM

Here's what I pack in them:
1. Diapers/ Training Pants
2. Bibs
3. Baby Food in disposable containers
4. Disposable Cups, especially for milk!
5. Baby Bottle/ Sippy cup (if needed)
6. Stainless steel cutlery (in case you need to spoon-feed)
7. Change of clothes for kids and me!
8. Changing Pad (with wipes of course)
9. Disposable bags/ Toilet seat covers
10. Kleenex
11. Purell
12. Toiletries - makeup, toothbrushes, facewash, cream etc.
13. Hairbrush
14. Medicines - Tylenol, Mylecon, Vicks and Benadryl (less than 3 ounces), Homeopathy medicines such as Acconite, Bryonia, Belladona, Arnica
15. Bottled Water
16. Passport/ Travel Docs
17. Pen
18. Jewelry
19. Forex/ Currency
20. Sunglasses
21. Medical Records! Super important! Don't travel without a copy of your kids' immunization records for emergencies
22. iPhone
23. iPad (THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM HANDS DOWN, WITHOUT WHICH KIDS WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS!)

TIP: Make sure your load up your iPhone and iPad with lots of new apps to keep them occupied. From the iTunes store, I also download, a few seasons of their favorite shows (Max & Ruby, Fresh Beat Band, Austin & Ally etc) to keep them happy!

I've never done a vblog before, but maybe I should do one of those, "What's in my Handbag" videos for this segment!

Hope you find this info useful! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment